Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Girl Wednesday

Tonight's post is short, sweet and has nothing to do with small men.

Sometimes, I have to step away from the testosterone and immerse myself in a decorating magazine or slather on a sea salt scrub or do anything feminine for heaven's sake. 

So, tonight I wanted to share two Christmas display ideas.  They would actually be really simple for anyone to do - even someone who is not Martha Stewart-ly inclined ('cause I'm sure not).

First - a super easy and eye-catching way I display all of our Christmas cards each year.  Get yourself some garland greenery (I use two long pieces connected together) and hang around a door frame.  Spruce up with ornaments, berries or clip-on birds.  When your cards come in, use a hole-punch and punch a hole at the top of each card.  Tie each card on with colored ribbon.  Voila. 




Next, a very rustic (and inexpensive - mine was free!) buffet or sideboard display. 

I gathered dead tree limbs from our backyard and arranged them in a glass hurricane with snippings from our fragrant rosemary bush out front (smells wonderful).  Then I tied on red ribbon bows and hung my grandmother's antique 1950s ornaments (can't find these babies in stores) on some of the limbs. 

It makes me think of my Mema. I love it.



See, that's it.  I told you it would be short and sweet.

Happy tree limb hunting!

signature

1 comment: