Thursday, January 6, 2011

On the First Day of New Year's My Guru Brought to Me: An Olive Leaf and Elderberry

So, this is my first official post of 2011, and I'm determined to fill up the blank blogger slate with something interesting, hysterical and/or inspiring to start the new year off right.

Anyone got any bright ideas?  Yeah, me neither.

I have to admit, for the past several days, my kids have not been so funny, my mind has not been so sharp and my mood not so chipper.  This is because, despite all the meditating, praying and hoping, I started off 2011 still sick.  I had this inner burning desire that something amazing would happen at the tick of the clock at midnight on December 31, and much like Cinderella's transformation, I would magically become strong and healthy again. 

No mono.  No sore throat.  No relentless lethargy.  No headaches.  No limits. 

Well guess what.  It didn't happen.  Damn you, Fairy Godmother.

Since she didn't come through, I made a little pilgrimage to the Sunflower Shoppe, which is the local health food store and the place to find all kinds of interesting vitamins, herbs and a dizzying array of healing concoctions.

I was desperate.  And so:  I went, I saw, I bought.  $135 worth.  No joke.  But I don't care.  I would pay $500 at this point.

Here is my daily regimen.  A few of them I take three times a day.


Don't laugh.  Because it's WORKING!  At first, I thought I was imagining it.  Like a placebo effect or something - too good to be true.  But guess what?  After only three days, my lymph nodes are considerably less swollen and my throat doesn't feel like sandpaper.  And, I'm much more energized and starting to feel lighter, happier, alive.  Amazing how your health can play such a big part in your overall mental mood.


And you know what else?  It's kind of crazy that a medical doctor can tell me there's nothing I can take or do to lessen the effects or shorten the time frame of this illness, but a vitamin/herbal expert can advise me to take olive leaf (a proven virus and bacteria fighter), elderberry extract (immune booster), superior B12 (akin to getting a B12 shot), D3 and a probiotic, and I feel like a new person after 48 hours. 


I hereby vow to never laugh at any alternative medicinal remedy a suffering soul might want to consider.  Unless it involves actually wearing the olive leaves or snorting the elderberries.  A girl's gotta have her limits.


Happy New Year!


I promise my next post will be about funny little men.  We're back on schedule and they're back into action! 


signature

2 comments:

  1. Hey, your blogging about after-New Year's dismals helps some of us who have the dismals sans the excuse of the doctor's diagnosis of an actual illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM your guru...Mom.

    ReplyDelete