Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You've Been (Donald) Trumped

We don’t watch too many routine television shows around my house – invariably the set is tuned to ESPN, Fox Sports, CNN or occasionally (gritting teeth) Spongebob Squarepants.  We definitely never got into Donald Trump’s The Apprentice, and my boys have never watched it (to the best of my knowledge).

So you can imagine my surprise the other evening when my oldest son, upon deciding that my middle son was not playing Yahtzee correctly, grabbed the cup of dice and authoritatively announced, “You’ve been Donald Trumped!”

B-man and I both looked at him, and then I laughed.

Where on Earth did you hear that?” I asked him.

“My teacher!” he said.

Well, that would have been about number ten on my list of top ten possible sources.  But then I remembered he landed a fun, quirky, cool teacher this year.

He went on to explain that she gives several of the kids an assigned duty, like passing out papers or cleaning up stations, and if you fall down on the job, well, you get “Donald Trumped.”  Or fired, to be more specific.



I told him he better stay on top of his assigned duty, which involves something at lunchtime in the cafeteria that didn’t make any sense to me, but he was too busy Donald Trumping his brother’s remote control abilities to explain it to me.

Oh modern television, what would we do without you?


signature

2 comments: